- Built in 1876 on the Inverness Passage of the Skeena River by the Northwestern Commercial Co.
- Was the first cannery built north of the Fraser River
- Cannery buildings were damaged four times by fire and twice by landslides
- Cannery closed in 1950 after 74 years of operation
- Buildings were completely destroyed by fire in 1973