Skip to main content
  1. Home /
  2. Map /

Acme Cannery

Four cannery bunk houses, two of which are on fire.

After World War II, the remaining Acme cannery buildings, such as these Japanese bunkhouses, were destroyed. Image 2000 15 2 courtesy of the City of Richmond Archives.


49°11’07.3″N 123°11’52.6″W

  • Established in 1899 by the Acme Canning Co. at the south-west end of Sea Island on the Fraser River
  • Acquired by BC Packers Association in 1902
  • Canning ended in 1918 after which the buildings were used as a fish camp for Imperial Cannery