Skip to main content
  1. Home /
  2. Map /

Brunswick Cannery #1

Brunswick Camp dry dock, with a sign reading "British Columbia Packers Ltd. Brunswick Camp"

Brunswick Camp, 1962. Image 1985 4 781 courtesy of the City of Richmond Archives.

1893-1902

49°04’06.1″N 123°09’22.9″W

  • Built in Steveston 1893 by brothers-in-law George W. Dawson and Fred J. Buttimer from New Brunswick
  • Purchased and closed in 1902 by the BC Packers Association
  • Operated as a warehouse for the adjoining Imperial Cannery