Skip to main content
  1. Home /
  2. Map /

Glendale Cannery | Knight Inlet

Cannery buildings in the distance. Water in the foreground.

Glendale Cannery buildings, 1932. Image NA-11018 courtesy of the Royal BC Museum and Archives

1907-1946

50°40’33.1″N 125°44’10.2″W

  • Built in 1907 by Richard E. Gosse at the mouth of the Knight Inlet
  • In 1910 the building was moved to Glendale Cove and the cannery was renamed
  • Operated until 1946 when the gillnet and seine facilities were moved to Alert Bay
  • Dismantled in 1954